Dienstag, 19. März 2013

That week - Part 1 - Lunch can´t hurt...

 



Usually when I sit here - at the other side of the weekend - I just don´t know what to tell, because everything seems just so ordinary in my life. I´m just like every other girl, you know? But the whole last week was one unexpected rollercoaster drive. I never thought that something like that would happen to me. Nor have I ever thought that this could happen to anyone.

If you´re following my blog you know that I had a date Tuesday last week with some guy I met at an online dating site - which took place exactly the time I´m writing this seven days ago. And when I think about that fact I can hardly believe this was just a week ago, because sometimes it feels like it´s been a month since then, sometimes it feels like it´s just a dream that never happened. But no way this was just one week ago...

You know I asked Aaron out for a date, because the time we were texting I had that special feeling about him. It´s something you can´t describe, let´s call it intuition. He was totally caught off guard by me asking him out. And I was surprised by myself that I did. I haven´t been out for a date for years and well, you know... usually the woman get´s asked out. It´s a bit strange to ask a guy for a date.

We met for lunch (and a coffee...and a walk...and another coffee) and I felt so comfortable around him. Then he told me he´d be leaving Germany in a week and go back to the States. He though dated me because he thought lunch can´t hurt. I mean that was... unexpected. Upsetting unexpected. How likely is it that you meet a guy you´ve been texting with for just two days and who turns out matching to you in so many ways? I don´t wanted it to end so shortly after it started. That was just not fair.

I thought with Aaron leaving so soon we wouldn´t see each other again. But life had other plans. The set of our second date was me picking up pizza, going to his flat, watching a movie with him while the movers where packing in all of his things around us. We spent the whole day together, getting closer to each other though we knew there would be a deadline to this soon. That night I left with such a mingled feeling. Should I listen to what my mind was telling me what is smart?  - Run as fast as you can and stay away, you just get hurt! Or should I listen to what my heart was telling me and what I was about to do anyway? And would I be able to let go all fears and all worries in that short time? I mean that first days of dating and get to know each other should be unburdened, light-hearted and easy-going. And part of our days were perfectly like that. But we had to face so many serious things as well. We had one week to find out what we wanted. What all of this unexpected coincidences were leading us to. We were forced to be open-hearted so soon and maybe this just made that thin bond between us stronger. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen